The muscles of the pelvic floor form a gentle support for reproductive and excretory organs, and serve as a junction between the legs and the spine. Pelvic floor muscles can be overly loose or even too tight. The stress of childbirth, changes that occur with menopause, and health or sexual history have an effect on these important, yet little known muscles and their ligaments.
A Healthy and Balanced Pelvic floor may help address:
- Back, hip or sacroiliac issues
- Painful menstruation or intercourse
- Incontinence and digestive complaints
- Post-partum recovery
You will learn basic anatomy of the pelvic floor, gain understanding of healthy tone and experience breath exercises and basic yoga poses that can lead to healthy tone and balance.
About the Instructor: Kerry Doyle is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and Director of AHA Yoga. She has been teaching yoga since 2009 and has a particular interest in issues related to Women’s Health.
Pricing: $35 (includes workshop and access to recording for 2 weeks following)
Pre-requisites: *Appropriate for all levels, though some yoga experience is helpful. Birthing parents should be 3-4 months postpartum. Basic yoga props needed. WHRC has a limited supply of props for use.
To Register: Call 603-650-2600
- Class fees are due at least one week prior to class.
- Refunds are given if you withdraw from a class at least one week before the class begins.
- Partial scholarships are available for select classes from donations made to the WHRC Scholarship Fund.
- Some managed care plans offer reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our classes. Call your employer or insurance representative for eligibility