Self-Care Sampler for Family Care Partners
Thursdays, June 16 to July 21
Sharon Feeney, BA
Caring for someone you love can sometimes be lonely and exhausting – but it doesn’t always have to be that way. In this class you will meet others who are walking the same path. Together we will explore concrete ways to replenish energy and lift spirits through supportive conversations and a variety of self-care practices:
- Mindfulness with Renee Pepin, PhD and Chiz Horiuchi, BA
- Mindful Drawing with Lora Gerard, MPA
- Finding Strength and Balance through Movement with Dawna Pidgeon, PT
- Health Prevention and Promotion with Daniel Moran, APRN
This 6-week virtual program was created for family caregivers to provide a variety of evidence-based self-care practices. These practices can help improve mental and physical health by relieving stress. Sessions will take place once a week for 90 minutes. Each will start with a centering exercise and focus on a new form of self-care.
This class is part of a research project. If you choose to participate you will be asked to:
- Complete a pre and post survey about your level of stress
- Commit to attending all 6 class sessions
For more information or to sign up, please call (603) 653-3460 or email Annaliese.E.Volckaert@hitchcock.org
This program is sponsored by a generous grant from CIGNA Civic Affairs and Community Engagement
You will receive a zoom link for the program 60 minutes before the class is scheduled.